Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Popsicles

***Tuesday July 20th, 2010***

My daughter loves freezies and constantly asks for them. I can't stand all the garbage that goes into a store bought popsicles, so I make my own. It's really easy!


All you need is a blender, fruit and either honey or maple syrup. You can also add sugar, but I try to avoid it when real maple syrup has so much good stuff in it. Just blend the fruit, I also add a bit of plain yogurt, and then add as much of the sweet stuff as you need, then freeze.

Currently, we are picking raspberries from our garden and then turning them into popsicles. It makes a fun activity out of making the popsicles. Next, we are going to go pick strawberries locally and make strawberry popsicles.

Try it, I'm sure your little one will love it. Also, Ikea has great popsicle molds, if you need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment