Thursday, July 29, 2010

Flower Dress and My Mother

***Thursday July 29th, 2010***

Today I finished Lone's Flower Girl Dress for my sister Janet's wedding.

Today is also my mother's birthday. She would have been sixty six.
I wish she could see how I have finally taken up her passion for sewing.
That I finally get it and love it, as she did.
For this project I used a woman's vintage slip, added a lining (pure hell), belt to tie it in, straps and fun embellishments.
Lone has already threatened to not wear it, but luckily for me, she be a slave to the candy.
If you like it please let me know.
My biggest fan, no longer can.

2 comments:

  1. I think the dress is beautiful! You are very talented :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful indeed. Lots of memories in those stitches.

    ReplyDelete