Friday, February 25, 2011

Brollte


***Friday Feb. 25th, 2011***

Two summers ago, while visiting Montreal (my favorite Canadian city!!) I stopped into a gallery that only features Montreal artists. I fell in love with so much in that place, but particularly theBrollte lights. I wanted to bring one home, but didn't think it would be such a good idea since I travelled by train that trip.

So, I was thrilled to come across these amazing hand painted lamps at "The One Of A Kind Show" and was able to chat with someone directly from the source. I want one of these lamps! I will have one! They are so modern and yet very organic looking.
From visiting their site, I've since learned that they also
do paintings as well as invitation cards.

These pictures look great but still don't do them justice. It's like they are covered in globs of coloured wax, or plastic. They are so, so beautiful. I really want one in my room. It would make it possible to read in bed and not wake the child sleeping on either side of me, because I would not need to get up to turn off the light.

Well honestly, Lone will sleep through anything, even Smyth's crying which is inevitable, when I get up to turn off the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment