Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Glow

***Wednesday May 26th, 2010***

The other night I found myself full of enough energy to turn on my sewing machine. Usually sewing is a day time thing, done during the days that Lone is at school. This particular night, the minute the little light came on, I felt my my mother (who has been gone over a year), there with me. I then remembered that she had often sewed in the evenings, with the very same sewing machine that I am now attempting to master.

I've often wondered if she would like my sewing creations. She herself, was quite talented on the sewing machine and it was only a day or so before, that I had pulled out the beautiful, turquoise and yellow baby bag, that she had made for me just before Lone was born.
As I studied the bag and her handy work, I noticed a little rectangle of white cotton near the mouth of the bag and peering closely, could just make out the faint inscription, "NANA".

I'm going to try to turn my machine on at night a lot more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment