Thursday, March 11, 2010

Home Time


If you were in the Denver airport on Tuesday, you may have noticed me. I was the one with the huge bunch of brightly coloured, paper flowers...and the miserable toddler. But it was all worth it. The trip was a success for my dad, Lone and I got some sun and I brought back fun stuff and tons of inspiration.
Lone's birthday in September will be a fiesta theme and to go with the party, I brought back fans, flowers, mermaids, wobbely heads and of course pinatas! I bought the pinatas from Edward Patton's shop LALO MORALES, http://www.banderasnews.com/shopping/lalo-morales.htm. Edward, who moved to mexico five years ago is none other than Freddy Krueger, from A Nightmare on Elm Street. When we met, he was just preparing to board a plane to Amsterdam and then New York for a few conventions. What a life! Anyway his beautiful paintings and shop reflect the happiness he feels.

Here are a couple of the things that I saw that really inspired me!
My favorite girl!

The stained glass pictures were placed into the backs of chairs. Sadly, the artist died last year, but the restaurant that owns them is planning to sell them this summer.


Love the little animals! I brought back a few

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete