Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Reading Books Makes You Smarter

***Tuesday April 12th, 2011***

My lovely friend Liz Collard has written her second kid's book "The Secret Of Pirate Taz".  I love that I can actually see her daughter's face in Pirate Taz's.  Such a good likeness.  You may recall Liz also wrote "Jeremiah, The Schoolhouse Dog".  

I am very proud of her and her children's books. She's a great writer and imagine writing a book that your children and then their children and even their children will read.  Such a special gift to be able to give to your loved ones.


On that note, I guess I should also mention that I too am a published author :)  A story of mine was accepted into a compilation of short stories about mother's advice "Wisdom of Our Mothers".  I am happy that I am able to honor my mother in such a great book.  Of course, had I know I was going to be published, I would have obsessed over my story longer.  Probably, like way too long.  I'm thinking maybe weeks or months even...  

I can't afford to put that amount of time into an insecurity.  

So, I guess it's good that I didn't know I'd land in such a great book.  It's on my coffee table.   If you are my friend and you don't notice it when you're at my house, don't worry, I point it out.  

I wonder if Liz has her books on her coffee table?

P.S I don't know why or how half my blog became a larger font.  It's really a  miracle that I have figured out how to even have a blog.  I'm in no way trying to claim more fame for my book :)


No comments:

Post a Comment