Monday, September 27, 2010

PUFF BALL

***Monday September 27th, 2010***

One thing about my old place that made it really hard to leave it, was the morel mushrooms growing in the backyard. I love mushrooms, especially morals. So, when Lone and I discovered this monster puff ball in our new yard, I was quite pleased. I felt sort of rustic and was glad that we still have some fungi nature in our lives.

The plan was to eat it. Dale's not a big fan of the taste of puff ball though, having had a bad experience in the past. So I planned to make it into a quiche, as my sister Kim suggested. But the next day we were out all day, including dinner. So by the third day, I wasn't confident about using it anymore and ended up just tossing it in the little forest behind our house. It's laying out there right now, with the dead mouse Dale pulled from the pool's filter and I am feeling awful for both of them :(


No comments:

Post a Comment